After a weekend to relax, I am feeling much better after the chaos of last week. I'm not certain what it was, but it was no fun at all. My mind felt like mush all week, and I was just glad to make it through without a breakdown or a bout of insomnia. As usual, once the evening started to hit on Sunday, I realized weekends are just too short and we should all start to embrace the 32-hour work week. I may be dreaming, but it isn't a half bad idea, right? As we/I try to simplify down our apartment, once again, there might be a few fun additions to my little corner of the blog world. Little snippets of life I still want to have documented somewhere, but don't necessarily feel I need to have around me physically. Take a couple of years ago as an example, when I was pretty good at keeping a gratitude journal. I'd make sure to write in it each night, and it did wonders for helping me change to a more optimistic and positive mindset. Three years later, and this is back on my goal list to begin in September (mostly because I love the idea of a notebook starting on Day One of a month).
And to this day, I'm still trying to make changes for a more optimistic and positive life. I give so much credit to that little gratitude journal for helping me head down the path I am now in regards to positivity. Right now, that means paring down on 'stuff' in the apartment and minimizing what I have. So instead of lugging around that little pink notebook for the rest of my life, why not archive it here?
Let's travel back to January of 2012...
- My wonderful mother, who is always there for me.
- Being able to have resources to make a sore throat feel better.
- Having the best mattress I've ever slept on.
- Having the financial means to buy two dresses, instead of having to choose.
- A good breakfast, like waffles + OJ.
- Being able to mini-vacation with a great group of friends for just one night.
- That we were looked out for last night.
- Matt was able to sleep with me for the evening.
- Amazing people in this world.
- Having the means to eat a wonderful meal away from home at Duluth Grill.
- Relaxing movie nights with Matthew.
- A wonderful mattress.
- My sister & Brooklynn, and the fact that they are so close.
- Dinner nights with Matt's family.
- A little tea to make you feel better.
- A job that I enjoy working at.
- Meeting many people who contribute to the happiness in my life.
- Laundry day!
- The feeling of warm laundry.
- The fresh smell of clean sheets and blankets.
- Late night sleep cuddles with Matthew.
- Everything about my Matt.
- The help of financial aid so I have no worries.
- A strong body to work out with.
- The world of Cabaret I was able to be a part of.
- Having Jennifer Madill Hagen in my life.
- Meeting many lovely souls during a summer to always remember and never forget.
- My wonderful education.
- Having a silent & sweet breakfast with Matt.
- Having clothes and a home to keep me warm when the Duluth weather is freezing.
- A humidifier to make sleep come easy.
- Being able to work with wonderful kids at the studio.
- The DTA.
- The nights where Matt falls asleep by my side, and the mornings I am able to open my eyes and see him next to me.
- Having amazing co-workers.
- How I Met Your Mother. <3
- The nights that Matt and I spend together.
- Having the pleasure to watch great documentaries.
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows!
- Being able to have the means to gift items to Matt.
- Cold Stone tip money.
- Mornings when Matt wakes with me & spends the morning cuddling with me.
- Meeting Al & Lyndsey =)
- Fruit snacks.
- New music.
- The gorgeous Duluth snowfalls.
- Not having to always shower.
- The lift I vicariously live through on Gossip Girl.
- The girls I am able to meet through Attitudes.
- Becoming a TA for Paula. =)
- Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal with plain soy milk.
- A good iced coffee.
- Being able to reconnect with my dad to strengthen our relationship.
- Financial means to start Body by Vi (lol), and having a father that will support me through it.
- My mom.
- A rewarding Jillian Michaels workout.
- Clif Kid Z Bar, iced oatmeal cookie.
- My Fridays off from class.
- Conversations with Jade that make me feel normal and sane.
- My MacBook Pro.
- Having amazing friends to talk to.
- My books.
- Simple snow flurries.
- My days with Matthew.
- My sister and Brooklynn, and the time I was able to spend with them.
- Pizza & pop with M as a midnight snack.
- Oreos + milk.
- Good study habits.
- The immense help of iced coffee to stay awake in a 3-hour lecture.
- Late night toast.
- New fun. =)
+ Have you ever kept a gratitude journal?
+ In this moment, tell me three parts of life you are grateful for today...